[by Jeff Ludy]
Choosing the correct windows for your house can be daunting. For window replacement Houston area residents shouldn’t settle for less than the very best. If you’re unfamiliar with the ins and outs of this specialized product, you might feel in the dark about where to begin.
Like other industries, window technology and manufacturing are continually changing and improving. Knowing and understanding what the latest trends are presenting can be difficult to keep up with. Before you make any firm decisions about new windows or commit to any one brand or installer, it is wise to do your homework and be informed before making the investment.
Does My Home Need New Windows?
If you experience one or more of the following symptoms, your windows could be strong candidates for new replacement:
- Your heat and/or cooling bills are high, and seem to continue to increase
- You feel drafts in your home in winter
- Your home feels uncomfortably warm in warmer weather (from excess heat entering through your windows)
- Your old windows seems to require constant upkeep — re-caulking, puttying or painting them
- Your windows are faded, chipped, cracked or otherwise unattractive
- The operating hardware for your windows is in need of repair
- Your windows are difficult to open or close, or they are sealed shut
- You have concerns about the security or safety of your windows
- You have plans to sell your home and you desire better “curb appeal” to help it sell quicker
You’re Ready to Buy New Windows… Now What?
If you’ve determined that you do, indeed, need new windows, here are five important tips for navigating the process successfully:
1. Educate Yourself
As a consumer, you’ll want to make smart decisions about this investment in your home. When it comes to window replacement Houston residents should do their homework. This will help ensure you’re receiving the best value for your money and can choose windows that you won’t ever have to replace again. Be sure to select a reputable dealer or home improvement company that works with quality manufacturers.
2. Premium Vinyl
If possible, choose windows made with premium-grade vinyl. Advancements are continually being made in terms of vinyl quality and window technology, so research and find the latest and best options available within your budget.
3. Consider Custom
Although “custom-made” windows can cost more than standard windows, custom-made windows can be the better value in the long run. Installation will be easier, and little (or no) additional work is typically required to blend the windows with your home. A perfect fit also means superior thermal performance — and lower heat bills.
4. Energy Star®
Choosing Energy Star qualified windows can help keep your energy bills lower as well as provide a better overall comfort level in your home.
5. Choose Styles and Colors Wisely
Window replacement Houston or in any area is an excellent way to create a new, updated look for your home. Carefully consider all of the available colors, shapes, styles, features and options before making your final decision.
These five tips should get you well on your way to windows you will enjoy for years to come! For window replacement Houston can trust, find a proven expert that will do an excellent job the first time.