It pays to talk to an expert!
From the very first phone call all the way to the completion of your window installation project, you’ll see what makes us the best window company in Texas. We’re prompt, courteous and professional. We know and understand quality replacement windows better than anyone else in Houston, and we’re here to help you enjoy a hassle-free home improvement experience.
Whether you need to replace one window or all the windows in your home, be prepared for a five-star experience from the Houston window replacement experts.
How to find the right window replacement
With so many brands, materials, glass packages, and frames to choose from, choosing the right replacement window can be a daunting task. But don’t worry—we’ve done the research and will help you find the right window for your project. We have a window that will fit your project, style, goals and budget. We’re here to help!
Do you need new windows?
When choosing a window for your home, office, or commercial building, you should first determine why you need new windows. Here are just a few reasons why homeowners all across Houston come to Houston Replacement Window Experts:
- Their old windows are leaking
- Their electric bill is too expensive
- They’re always hot or cold in their home
- They want to reduce sound from outside
- They have concerns of burglary or physical harm and need security windows
- They’re looking for coastal impact–rated storm windows
- They live in a historic home and need to match existing wood windows
- Their wood windows have rotting components
- They need to replace a broken window
- They want to modernize their home’s look
- They have allergies, COPD, or Asthma and would like a cleaner home
- They’re tired of dusting their house five times a week
What type of window frame do you need?
Most high-performance windows are made from vinyl, fiberglass or aluminum, and each has its benefits.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is great when it comes to efficiency. It won’t transfer heat or cold like aluminum will. Vinyl replacement windows that use extruded vinyl will never need painting, cutting down on maintenance costs. They withstand the hot Houston summers and keep you comfortable all year long.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass is similar to vinyl—it’s energy efficient and stops the transfer of heat and cold. One of the main advantages to Fiberglass Replacement Windows is that fiberglass is a very strong product and withstands decades of wear and tear. While fiberglass is a great option for High-Performance Houston Replacement Windows, it can also add 20-30% more to the price of any window.
- Aluminum: These window frames are by far the strongest we offer. However, aluminum is actually the least efficient type of window frame for a replacement window. Aluminum windows are ideal when you have existing aluminum windows and are trying to match that style and color. They also have the narrowest frame profiles.
What type of glass should you buy?
There are three main components to a great window replacement project:
- The window frame
- The glass package
- The installer
Whether you use aluminum, vinyl, or fiberglass frames for your replacement windows, you will need the best glass you can afford. The quality of glass determines how efficient your windows will be and how much light and visibility you will have. There are several types of glass:
- Low-E glass: Low-E glass is by far the best option for high–performance replacement windows. There are several levels of Low-E for you to choose from. For efficiency, value, and visibility, Cardinal Glass Low-E 270 & Low-E366 are the most popular. Your Houston Window Experts replacement window advisor will help you find the glass package that’s right for you.
- Tempered glass: Whether you get Low-E glass in the Cardinal Low-E270 or Low-E366, you may need to have your windows tempered with safety glass. Tempered safety glass is designed to break in a manner that reduces injury. Tempered glass is typically used for windows that are low to the ground, close to a walkway or door, or near a bathtub or shower.
- KeepSafe Glass: KeepSafe Glass is designed to prevent intrusion. Homeowners will have peace of mind that while away, at home, or asleep, they are protected from unwanted intruders. With the right KeepSafe Glass package, you can stop burglars from breaking through your windows.
- Hurricane windows: If you have a coastal home, you could greatly benefit from having laminated, impact-rated hurricane glass in your windows. In fact, some coastal cities are making it mandatory for any new projects to be equipped with impact-rated glass. The Texas Department of Insurance has new rules regarding windows, glass, and protection for homes in coastal communities. Speak with a Houston Window Experts advisor to determine if you need hurricane windows.
- Single-pane glass: It’s the worst glass you can buy for a window. In fact, you’ll be hard–pressed to find a window manufacturer who still makes them. If you have broken single–pane glass in your windows, and you’re not planning on upgrading at this time, we suggest that you find a local glass company to replace the glass portion of your window. Houston Window Experts does not sell or install single–pane glass. However, we’d be glad to assist you by recommending one of our partner companies.