Milgard Energy Efficient Windows Produced in Texas for Texas is Just Part of Milgard’s Plan to be Environmentally Responsible
Your original idea to finally replace your old windows with energy-efficient ones probably began with a focus on saving on your utility bills, and that’s undoubtedly what drives most people to that decision. Deciding which manufacturer of replacement windows and doors to choose, though, entails additional considerations, and they’re not always about the dollars.
Milgard brings an environmental consciousness to the manufacturing process by…
- Incorporating sustainability standards in our overall manufacturing process
- Custom building all Milgard windows and doors for specific climates
- Ensuring they meet tough thermal and solar requirements of state and local jurisdictions
- Conducting thermal simulations
- Tailoring components to match various regional energy needs
- Using Low-E insulating glass
- Minimizing waste through lower energy usage, waste reduction and recycling
- Recycling 97 percent of vinyl manufacturing scrap for future window frames
- Making it easy to meet green building efficiency standards
Milgard energy efficient windows impact you more personally as they relate to…
Texas has long, hot summers that are often burdened with heavy humidity. While there may be times that one is expected to be outdoors, like at a barbeque, there are many more that a cool respite indoors is welcome. With Milgard energy efficient windows, you’ll be more comfortable and breathe easier, because they’ve been designed and manufactured in Texas to deal with the Texas climate.
All Milgard window series meet or exceed Energy Star qualifications, and according to the Department of Energy, Energy Star qualified windows can save 7-15 percent on annual household energy bills. The greater your current heating or cooling costs, the greater potential there is for savings.
Milgard energy efficient windows and doors cover a full spectrum of price points, materials, and styles to help you custom design your materials into your budget, and with our full lifetime warranty including parts and labor, future savings are in the bank as well.
Your property value
Whether you’re completely remodeling your home or just looking for replacement windows, Milgard has options galore that will improve the aesthetics, energy efficiency, and property value of your home. Choose from wood, fiberglass, or vinyl windows and doors in various architectural and operating styles in a color pallet sure to please. If you plan to put your home on the market, your new, energy-efficient windows will be a selling point to potential buyers not only because they look good, but because the work is already done.
Milgard’s Reputation in the Industry
We are able to closely monitor the production of our vinyl and fiberglass frame materials for quality control because they’re produced in-house, and every window component is developed after hours of testing for precision and attention to detail.
We’ve been recognized by respected industry publications as:
- “Best Quality Vinyl in the Nation” eight times by BUILDER magazine
- “Most Used Vinyl Window” five times by BUILDER magazine
- “Most Preferred Vinyl Window” three times by both Professional Remodeler and Professional Builder
Milgard windows and doors that are used and sold in Texas are designed and produced in Texas, and we’re proud to be a part of that community.