Houston Window Experts is proud to offer a superior window brand like Milgard Windows and Doors for your next door and window replacement. We understand you have questions before you decide to replace your windows and which window manufacturer best suits your requirements.
We can’t anticipate every question you may have, but we can suggest a few.
Are Replacement Windows and Doors a Good Investment?
It’s wise to think of them as an investment. While the windows don’t actually pay for themselves, homeowners usually see about a 60 percent return on investment in increased property value, and when they sell, the increased curb appeal draws more potential buyers.
But wait, there’s more.
The greater your heating or cooling costs with your old windows, the more you stand to save with replacement windows. The U.S. Department of Energy states that Energy Star qualified windows can save from 7-15 percent annually on energy bills. All Milgard windows are Energy Star qualified.
While your personal pleasure in the new aesthetics of you home can’t be measured in dollars, it certainly counts.
Are There Any Local Restrictions on Replacement Windows and Doors?
As a family-owned and -operated Houston company, we’re aware of the historic districts where there are restrictions on alterations to a home’s exterior, and we advise our clients and respect any formal prohibitions.
Also, home owners associations (HOAs) often have stated policies that may limit your choices of windows styles, colors, or patterns. We work closely with Houston HOAs to ensure the work you have done proceeds according to their bylaws.
Homeowners who aren’t beholding to any binding agreements regarding home improvements are free to choose whatever style suits them, and Houston Window Experts would be happy to help you make that choice.
Does the Placement of Windows and Doors Determine Operating Style?
The final decision will always be yours, but there are a few things to consider:
- Casement or awning windows with single-hand operation are ideal for a window over a sink or counter in the kitchen. They let in plenty of light and are easy to open when reaching over the sink.
- On the first floor, you want good ventilation, plenty of light and air, and security. The harder a window is to pry open when locked, the better, so a combination of awning windows above a picture window may satisfy your requirements.
- Second and third story rooms with double hung windows with tilt-in sashes enable easy cleaning. Also, opening the top sash of a double hung window in a child’s room provides more security.
- Consider outdoor and indoor space when choosing patio doors. You’ll have in-swing, out-swing, and sliding operating styles to choose from. The same consideration goes for walkways, where it’s best not to have styles that open out.
- Bathroom windows need to let the light in while providing privacy. For privacy, consider obscure glass options or a skylight, and for moisture ventilation, consider at least one operable window.
Houston Window Experts and Milgard Windows and Doors – A Winning Combination
As a Certified Installer, Houston Window Experts has the right tools and manufacturer’s training to install your replacement windows and doors professionally. Our skill and Milgard’s award-winning products set your project up for success.
Our Services include: Replacement Windows Houston, TX metro area. Houston Window Experts is a privately owned and operated company in Houston TX. For more information about us, please write to info [at] HoustonWindowExperts.com or call our Houston office at (832)900-7024. All material is copyright of Houston Window Experts. Houston, TX.