Local Window Replacement in Houston
When it comes to Houston window replacement, homeowners can go crazy trying to keep up with the latest and greatest technological advances. Once upon a time, all you had to do was go down to the local hardware store with measurements in hand and order new windows.
This guide will inform you of what to look for in replacement windows for your home and how to choose windows you are happy with now and for years ahead. You can let the sun in while lowering your cooling bills; open up the view to your beautiful landscaped yard; create a visual interest or enlarge the feel of a room.
All this can be done with the right window replacements. And don’t worry about energy efficiency. Multiple planes, glazes, coatings, and other specialized glass package options make it possible to have your cake and eat it too!
Houston Window Experts offers superior replacement windows in Houston that can suit any homeowner’s needs. Our Product Specialists are specially trained to help you find the perfect replacement windows for your home. Read on to find out more about buying replacement windows.
Why Choose Houston Window Experts?
When you come to Houston Window Experts first, we’ll share the results of our research and experience to help cut through the noise to determine the best replacement windows for your home. With 20 brands of replacement windows to choose from and our expert advice, you’ll end up with the best windows for your home.
After all, for most of us, our home is our single greatest investment. It’s where families are raised and memories are made. Why you use anyone other than the best window replacement company in Houston? Backed by years of experience in home window replacement and an emphasis on the customer, Houston Window Experts is the clear choice when it comes to new windows for your home.
How Do I Begin the Window Replacement Process?
Many homeowners try to avoid the drama of window selection by buying the same exact windows they already had. Sometimes this can work, but what if the existing units are less than optimal, to begin with? Window replacement companies have made great advancements when it comes to creating windows. When choosing windows, there are many questions you have to ask yourself:
- What efficiency ratings are the best fit for you?
- What brand works best for your home without breaking the bank?
- What material works best for your home?
When properly installed, new home windows can increase the value of your home and significantly reduce your energy use and utility costs. But don’t think that you have to spend weeks reading pamphlets on every window known to man. All you have to do is trust professional Houston window installers.
So when you begin your window replacement process, you can be well-versed in replacement windows, or you can be a complete beginner. Either way, the professional window installers at Houston Window Experts will help you find the perfect windows for your home, paying attention to your budget and desired aesthetics. However, when shopping for replacement windows, it is important to know four basic things:
- Not all windows need to be replaced. There are signs that it is time to replace your windows, including moisture collecting on the inside or outside of the glass or hot or cold spots near windows. A window professional can help you determine if it is worth it to replace all the windows in your home, replace just some of the windows, or simply repair one or two.
- Sometimes window replacement is not enough. Replacement windows are designed to replace the part of the window that most often fails. In some cases, rot or damage makes it necessary to completely reframe the window. A professional window repair expert can make the determination if the framing around the window can be salvaged.
- The most expensive is not always the best. While using name-brand windows has its advantages, there are many good windows made by other companies as well. A window professional with experience in replacing windows can help you choose the best windows to fit your needs and budget.
- DIY is usually a bad idea. While replacing windows may seem like an easy task, it is not a “do it yourself,” or DIY, project. Replacing windows is very difficult, and many things can go wrong. It is best not to leave important home features like windows to chance.
Should I Invest in Window Replacement?
Choosing to replace your home’s windows is a big decision that should not be taken lightly. But if your windows are damaged or defective—or even if you are thinking of selling your home soon—it might be worth it. In fact, there are many good reasons to replace the windows in a home:
- New windows can boost the value of a home. No matter how much you spend on a replacement project, new windows will almost certainly raise the resale value of a home.
- New windows can save on energy costs. Many homeowners find that they cut their electricity bills by a significant percentage as soon as they replace their windows. This is because old windows may allow warm air to pass in or out of the glass, especially if windows are single-paned.
- New windows give a home a facelift. Without a doubt, replacing old windows will improve the look of an entire home. Because replacement windows can be chosen in all types of patterns, colors, and architectural configurations, they can complement the look of any home and increase curb appeal.
Which Window Replacement Material Should I Choose?
Now that you have decided to replace the windows in your home, your next big step is deciding on the window material. A window replacement project can be daunting for many homeowners. Manufacturers have made tremendous advancements in the window industry. Even the materials have improved.
Not only do we have more options, but the quality of the products has gotten better. Technology has given us the ability to make our windows stronger and more efficient, often without breaking the bank. There are replacements for every budget and every home. You can have customized window replacements to fit any opening in your home.Vinyl Replacement Windows
Top-quality vinyl windows are some of the most common choices for Houston window replacement and are great options for many homeowners. Vinyl replacement windows are low-maintenance, energy-efficient, and highly economical—and those are just a few of their qualities.
Vinyl replacement windows are crafted from polyvinyl chloride (PVC), which is the most widely used material in window manufacturing. Therefore, vinyl windows are easily available in most markets and are often affordable for all budgets. Houston Window Experts offers a huge selection of vinyl windows.Aluminum Replacement Windows
Aluminum replacement windows are well-known for their strength and durability. Because they are made from such a strong material, they can stand up to even the toughest conditions Houston has to offer. But while aluminum windows are very strong, they are also very energy-efficient. Aluminum replacement windows feature a “thermal break,” by inserting non-conductive material between the inner and outer frames to prevent the transfer of heat.Wood Replacement Windows
Wood replacement windows are unsurpassed in beauty and can be ordered prefinished or unfinished. Wood doesn’t conduct cold air, so you will notice little condensation once they are installed in your home. Wood replacement windows are a great choice for those who live in historical homes, or who want to add elegance to their current house.
The concern with wood windows is that the exterior requires much more maintenance than other types. In some ways, this can be true. Wood replacement windows will need to be sealed or painted every three to five years in the Houston area due to the hot, sometimes very wet climate.Clad Wood Replacement Windows
Clad wood replacement windows feature wood on the inside and a vinyl or aluminum jacket on the exterior. The cladding covers the sash and frame and makes the windows much less susceptible to damage from the elements. For durability, Houston window replacement contractors suggest clad wood windows instead of windows with plain wood exteriors. To see if clad wood or regular wood replacement windows are the right choice for your home, talk to a Houston window replacement professional.Fiberglass Replacement Windows
Many of the top replacement window manufacturers make fiberglass replacement windows. Fiberglass windows are often textured to give the appearance of painted wood. The average cost of fiberglass replacement windows is more than vinyl, but they offer good weather resistance and are not prone to warping or cracking as with some other materials.
Will Replacing My Windows Really Cut Energy Costs?
Almost all replacement windows offer energy benefits. These windows are newer and equipped with the latest features, and thus will help cut down on energy waste and escaping air. With new, high-quality replacement windows, you can greatly cut down on your energy costs, sometimes saving hundreds of dollars each year. Read on to find out how windows can help you save on your energy bills.What Are Low-E Windows?
In Houston, the scorching summer months are not the only times we need to worry about high temperatures. Low-E windows that deflect the sun can be a high priority—not just because they help keep your home cool, but also because they can reduce your utility bills.
Can Replacement Windows Improve Curb Appeal?
Contractors and home builders often build by subdivision or neighborhood. This means that they may have several projects going at the same time. Therefore, unless they are building for a specific buyer, customization is not a top priority. Replacement windows can improve the look of your home while saving you money.
A window replacement project is your chance to personalize your home to reflect your tastes. There are so many colors, styles, sizes, options, features, and designs to choose from. You might even need different types of windows throughout your home. Whatever you choose, new windows can give your home a fresh, modern look and make you the envy of the neighborhood.
How Much Should I Spend on Replacement Windows?
With so many window replacement options, the possibilities are endless. But your budget probably is not. That is why it is important to work with a professional Houston window replacement company that can work with your finances. At Houston Window Experts, our team will work with you to ensure you don’t spend more than you like to, while still getting the windows you love.